frolic

June 2, 2016

School's Out For Summer!

Yes, that song has been sung at our house quite a few times over the last week or so.

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMAAAAA! We are so happy for no schedules (for the most part) and lots of VBS and camps and swimming! Bring it on summer time (but could you go easy on the whole 100 degree temps and 125% humidity, K Thanks!).

We had a great year. I didn't get a single pic of Big Sister on her awards day. It was PACKED and I had to sell art after so I stood in the back and watched. She actually wore a dress (I know, no photographic evidence either). She made A/B honor roll and got perfect attendance. She had a hard year with the pressures of the 3rd grade GATE literacy test but she passed and we are moving on to 4th grade.

Little Sister had a BIG year. She has learned sooooo much in PreK. She can write all of her name, all of letters, she's reading a little and she can add and subtract some. Y'all, this is huge. She's 4! Her teacher is a friend of mine and she was absolutely perfect for my baby! They were great together. And she taught her sooo much. She's ready for kindergarten now. And so am I! I'm ready for my girls to be at the same school at the same time. For a few years anyway.

Big Sister is at the Y for the summer and Little Sister is back at her old preschool. Everyone is happy and healthy and that's what matters most.









Post a Comment