frolic

July 2, 2015

Warner Tully Camp

A few weeks ago, Big Sister left for a week at Warner Tully YMCA camp.  I went as a kid (and LOVED it) and this is her 3rd summer to attend (and LOVES it).

Little Sister stayed behind with Aunt Holly and Uncle Tony and the boys while I took Sissy to camp.  We got checked in and headed to our cabin. We set up her bed (top bunk of course) and then posed for a few photo ops. 




 


They do archery, riflery (sp??), arts and crafts,  ziplining, swimming, canoeing, mud sliding, death hiking, and so  much more.  They learn songs, they dance, they do a devotion every day.  They have NO electronics.  They read, the write letters, they get mail.  In my opinion, it's the best summer camp ever.

Unfortunately, I got a call Wednesday night that she was running fever and had to go pick her up. She was NOT happy AT ALL.  I brought her home, let her sleep on my couch, then took her to the Dr. the next morning.   Just a sore throat, thankfully.  She was able to go back Friday morning after she had been fever free for 24 hours.

I'm thankful for my friend who was there as the nurse this week. She took good care of her and kept me posted on her all week.

Other than missing a day, she had the best time of her life, as she will tell you.  She is ready to go back again next summer.  I want to go too!

Post a Comment