frolic

January 20, 2015

8 Year old Stats and Such

So, Big Sister had her 8 year old check up yesterday.  I'm glad to say she's only been to the Dr. a few times this year. I think we might have finally built up some immunity.


The Dr. said she was looking and doing great.  Although we fight like cats and dogs and she never seems to mind me, she is a great kid.  MOST of the time.  I love that girl to pieces but some days, well, it's hard.  It's real.  It's NOT pretty.  We fight over what clothes she wears and how it 'makes her look fat' (her words, NOT mine).  We fight about shoes.  We fight about homework.  The struggle is real my friends. 



And even though it's not always sunshine and rainbows, I still love her.  She has the biggest heart and wears her emotions on her sleeve. Ok, both sleeves. And her shirt.  And that's ok!  She is usually a good big sister, except when she is pestering like her Papaw taught her.


Her bloodwork was fine, her BP was good.  She weighs 88 pounds and is in the 95th percentile for weight. She is 53 inches tall which is 4 feet, 5 inches.  She only has another 8 inches before she meets and passes my Mom!  This puts her in the 90th percentile. 50 inches is average for her age.  I think her sister is on track to be tall too!


So overall, she is good. She is healthy. She is smart.  She is alive and well.  Not everyone can say the same thing.  For that, I am thankful.  Watching her grow up is a joy, well, most of the time.  She is unique and marches to the beat of her own drum!  She is obsessed with anything Annie these days.  She loves to watch TV and movies but has quite the imagination when playing outside.


Before I know it, she will be moving out for college.
Post a Comment