frolic

February 13, 2014

A Day

Ya'll!  Today has been a DAY.  It got started off rocky when my sweet youngest daughter would not wear anything but princess clothes.  I compromised and let her wear it, as long as she had on other clothes under it.  Why not wear princess clothes and a crown to school??

Then I had an encounter at work that had me fuming.

It was one of those, just put your headphones on and get your work done kind of days.

I worked out some frustrations at the gym too.  That helped.

Then I picked up my kids.  Whew. 

Thursday is Art day and I pick up the carpool. After I dropped off the other girl, it was already 5:40.  I had to run buy our new Hobby Lobby to buy plates and napkins for the Valentines Day party at school.  The girl called me on Wed. on my work phone, even though I was at home since the kids were out of school.  Needless to say, I had 1 days notice to get some plates and napkins.  Since I'm on a complete 2014 WM strike, I decided to try Hobby Lobby.

I love that store.  I could spend hours there and I am NOT crafty.  Unfortunately, they did not get any VDay stuff since they just opened last week.  I settled for some red and white polka dots.  The boys in the class will love me.

My children in HL make me want to pull my brains out.  First, we had to visit the bathroom because that's what fairly newly potty trained kids do, right?  Since we went there first, we opted to not get a buggy.  Big mistake.  My youngest wanted to RUN all over the store.  Makes me so nervous since half the stuff in there is breakable!  And that older kid? She does what she wants.  I threatened to beat her in front of everyone and that helped.  For 2 seconds.

As soon as plates and napkins were purchased, we loaded up and headed to buy milk, eggs, and crackers.  I did get a buggy there but only for my kid to keep trying to jump out of it to her sister.  And that sister?  Yeah, RUNNING everywhere she goes.

Needless to say, when I came home, I was spent.

I had no idea.

Is it just us or is homework THE DEVIL?  We have meltdowns over 2 math problems.  And no, common core has nothing to do with it.  If it was 1+1=2, it would still take us 30 minutes to answer true or false.  PROCRASTINATION at its best.

Oh.my.word.

Then we do spelling words and she missed 1.  She asked what her grade would be.
I said 95 and she lost it. Said it wasn't good enough.

Where is she getting this crap from?  I told her I was totally fine with 95. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I will not survive puberty.

Once a meltdown starts, it's best to just leave it all alone and send said kid to bed.  You would think we had pinched her for an hour when asked to brush her teeth.

WHEW.

I just thought I was spent earlier.  How do you raise kids to not talk back, to not pitch fits, to not act like wild banshees?  And how to I keep my cool and not get Unglued?  Counting to 10 quit helping about 2 years ago.

I'm not sure how all you 'together' moms do it.  We didn't make it home until almost 7. Luckily, hubby had supper ready when we walked in the door.  It still didn't leave enough time.  My kids either need to go run laps to get some energy out or go to bed at like 7:30.

Neither happened tonight.

It's bad when your 7 year old cries more than your 2 year old.

It's just been a day and I needed to write about it.  I miss it.  But I've been so busy at work that I'm not sure I would even have time to write there either.

I've had a LOT on my mind lately and episodes like this make me want to drink.

I'll sort it all out but now I'm going to do my Bible study for today and then watch some mindless Olympics.

Maybe one day I'll have time to write more.  I do miss it.
Post a Comment