frolic

December 1, 2013

Sisters

I never had a sister growing up.  My brother and I weren't really all that close until after he went to college, aka MOVED OUT.

Needless to say, this sister bond is not one that I know anything about.  Over the past year, I've seen such a friendship blossom between my girls and it's been so much fun to watch.

Well, most of the time.  My older kid pesters the STEW out of her little sister.  I mean, it's annoying really.  

But when it's all said and done, they would rather spend time with each other than anybody else.  It's amazing to see.

I snapped this picture during a regular game of hide and seek.  The little one was found first (we don't hide well) and went on to help her big sister find the other cousins.


And guess what happens when one gets hurt, physically or emotionally?  They don't want Mom or Dad.  They want each other.  It's so sweet.  It kind of makes me wish I had a sister.






I watched the younger one fall asleep tonight and I thanked God for the blessing she is to our family.  They both are but the little one has given us so much.  After losing a baby in the very early stages, I longed for another baby sooooo badly.  Once I realized it wasn't about my timeline, but HIS, He blessed us with the perfect sibling for the older kid.  The older one is such a MAMA but knows how to push her buttons!

The older one even taught the younger one how to say I Love You.
I can't seem to get it to post though, sorry!

I'm so thankful that these two love each other so much, even if they are 4.5 years apart!

Post a Comment