frolic

December 24, 2013

Christmas at Meme and Pawpaw's

My husband has a larger family than I do so scheduling holiday events so everyone can be there is always a challenge.  Plus, we have some that work very strange hours.  So usually around Thanksgiving, we are planning when to get together for Christmas.

As it worked out, Saturday before Christmas was the best time for all of us to be together.  The weather was HORRIBLE but luckily, we didn't get the bad stuff that some other places did.



The past few years, we've done breakfast for our 'Christmas meal' and I love it.

We also usually have an extended family celebration where we play 'Dirty Santa' with ornaments but unfortunately, we couldn't get schedules arranged for that this year.  Since most of us already had our ornaments, we did that at Meme's too.  So after we ate, we played Dirty Santa and the kids are worse than the adults at stealing.  They don't even care what the ornament looks like, they just want to steal from you!





This one was mad that I wouldn't let her pull every present off the table.  Plus, she refused to nap Saturday so she was getting a bit ornery.


We just like to say she was practicing for the tornado drill!!!


After the ornament exchange, we all read or told our good deed we performed during the year.  My MIL puts them all in a scrapbook each year.  









This year, we had a few talk about good deeds that were done for them and it was a nice perspective.  I'm hoping to get together a larger scale good deed for next Christmas (thanks to my BFF Lisa and her giving heart)!  If anybody in town is interested, let me know.  I'll take all the help I can get.

And this is what you do when you have more kids that want to play that pay attention!


Then we opened presents and a fun time was had by all.  My youngest got a Baby Alive that pees and poops.  It's joyous....

Thanks Mom in law for that.  Luckily, the 'food' just happened to disappear so there will be no pooping going on.  The doll is actually cute but says weird things like "Did I make a stinky?"  Who does that?  If you can ask if you made a stinky, you should be going in the potty, which is what my kid made her do, then asked for chocolates for her (which works well for our potty training tactics).




She also got a Doctor kit so she can make sure we are all going to live!












My big kid got a softball glove and a glow in the dark art/drawing board thing.  She loves to draw on it!

And, we actually got a good updated pic of Meme and Pawpaw with all the grands!


 Then of course, we are silly.  At least some of them!


I'm so blessed to have such great in laws!  Not many people can say that.

Thanks Meme and Pawpaw for all you do for us and pushing us all to be better people by leading by example!
Post a Comment