frolic

November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year.  It gets eaten up by Christmas but it's still a time of reflection and gratitude.  

One of my favorite versus is 1 Thessalonians 5:18.  
Give Thanks in ALL circumstances.


I have this poster on my wall, with all of our family photos.  

I try to always be thankful but sometimes it's hard.  When a kid is screaming because they aren't getting their way, it's hard to say thank you for the beautiful and healthy child.

But, at the end of the day, I am thankful I was blessed to experience those tantrums, those tears, those words, those looks.  I might not always like it but that's my life.  The way God wove it perfectly.  His way.  His will.

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for everything from family to friendships to fits.  Yep.  Just remind me that at about 8 pm every night. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  

PS - I may not be thankful to be an MSU Bulldog after the Egg Bowl, but I'll still support them, no matter what!
Post a Comment