frolic

November 18, 2013

Operation Christmas Child

I know I've posted a gazillion times about this but I'm so honored and blessed to be a part of this!

We hosted a packing party at church last night.  We had about 20 people show up to help pack all the extra supplies we had purchased or people had donated.

This was my first time to be in charge so I wasn't sure what all to expect.  We only had 5 people show up last year!






 After it was all said and done (a little over an hour later), we had packed 100 boxes!!!!  I was SHOCKED.  We were thinking we could pack maybe 40-60.





With great help and great supplies, one amazing job was done.  I cannot say thank you enough to everyone who helped.  Many hands make the work light!

The only problem with packing 100 boxes?  We don't have enough money to cover the shipping cost of $7 per box.  If anybody would like to help, email me at erinhern@yahoo.com and I can send you a request for payment via my Paypal account.  Or you can drop off or mail a check to the church (email me for address).

We will be delivering these boxes to our drop-off site on Thursday.  

Thank you again to all who helped so far!  Our journey is not over yet. We still have 3 more days to fill some boxes.  And don't forget you can pack a box online year-round by clicking here
Post a Comment