frolic

October 15, 2013

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

The month of October is important for many causes.  It's the month for Breast Cancer Awareness (check your boobies ladies!).  It's the month for Domestic Violence Awareness (get help if you or someone you know needs it!)

http://familymomentstogether.blogspot.com/2012/10/pregnancy-loss-awareness.html

It's also Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness month.  This day has come and gone in recent years and I don't even really think about it.  But a few months ago, I had a friend with a surprise pregnancy of baby #3.  She was SHOCKED but eventually excited. Around week 18, she went for a routine ultrasound.  She didn't know she was in for the real shock of her life.  There was no heartbeat.  They rushed her to the hospital for more tests.  For some reason unknown to us, but known to Him, her baby had died in the womb.  She had to deliver the baby and he was stillborn.  She didn't know he was a he until he came out.  She and her husband were able to see him for a few minutes.  

Talk about emotional.  It was a tough road for her but she is doing well now. They have planted a tree in his honor.  I ran into her in the grocery store a few weeks later and just hugged her neck as we both cried.  No words needed to be said other than I've been praying for you.

My miscarriage was short.  I was lucky that I did not have to deliver like my friend and my BFF years ago.  It's never easy however it happens.

Just remember that for whatever reason, it's all about HIS time, not ours.

So today, just say a quick prayer for those who have gone through this in any way.  It means more than you know.
Post a Comment