frolic

August 5, 2013

1st Day of 1st Grade

I don't know if it's the fact I've been sooooo super busy the last few weeks or if I've been in denial but my Big Girl started 1st grade today.

Before Kindergarten 2012

Before 1st Grade 2013

Man, what a difference a year makes.  She did actually want me to walk her in today but ONLY today.  I'm ok with that.  She walked right in and put her stuff down and started working. I'm hoping this will be a theme for us this year.


This was the best I could get. The 1st bell had already rung so they were getting instructions. 

We've prayed for her and her school for this year and will continue to each week of the school year.  We are excited for another fun experience.

After she went to bed last night, I said my own prayers.   I know God has BIG things planned for her.  I'm praying that she is a witness and a leader to her friends and classmates and that she is strong in her faith.

When typing this post, Darius Rucker's "They Won't Be Like This For Long" just came on my Pandora station.  Man, he sums it up!

She also requested this for breakfast for this week.  She really had to twist my arm.


What a Monday.  I can't wait to hear all about it this afternoon!
Post a Comment