frolic

July 22, 2013

23 Months

So, Baby Sister was 23 months old on July 18th and I'm behind in my posting the latest.  I'm behind in most aspects of my life right now but that's a whole other post.  I've got BEACH on the brain, bad.  Plus, Big Sister starts back to school in 2 weeks.  MAN, 2 weeks.  The only plus is we are going to the beach in 3 weeks. Yep, after school starts.  Because I'm an awesome Mom.  And the fact that they changed school start date after we had already booked.  So, oh well. It's been approved by the principal so we are good!

Now, where have the past 23 months gone?  I blink and I have an almost 2 year old!

Next time I wake up, she'll be driving.....

Boring stats....
 
Diaper - Size 5.  I'm sure we'll be here til she's potty trained, which I'm in no rush for.

Weight -  No clue.  She's HEAVY.  Apparently I grow them tall and thick.  I would say she's 28 or 29 pounds by now. 

Clothes - Still all 24 month or 2T.  Occasionally she can fit in an 18 month outfit but it's usually a tad too short.  So I've given most of those clothes away.

Sleep - We get it when we can. For some reason lately, she likes to get up about the time I go to bed.  Luckily, some of those nights the hubby is just getting home from work and he can deal with her and let me sleep.  Til the dog starts freaking out about something.  Thanks honey for letting me sleep.  I appreciate that.


Teeth -  I'm sure those back molars are still the root of the majority of our problems.

Activities - She got her 1st haircut last week.  I need to do another post just for that.  She LOVES her sister and her cousins.  For some reason, she is WAY clingier to me that to her Daddy.  Her sister was NOT this way so this is new for me. 

This girl loves her some dolls.  One doll had to come in the car with us Saturday.  And into to Kroger.  And in to Tony and Holly's.  She's getting obsessed and I'm ok with it.  We have one NON girly girl and one that seems to be headed into the girly girl direction.  Maybe she will want to try dance one day?  Oh well if not.


She loves watching cartoons, especially Mickey Mouse.

She LOVES to dance!  And sing!  Or attempt to.

My girl still LOVES to swim. We tried a new life jacket at Aunt Jean's last weekend and she LOVED it.  I'm planning to get her one this weekend.  She no longer constantly hangs on me while in the pool.  Which is both good and bad.  She's soooo fearless.  We've been trying to work on blowing bubbles and 'swimming' so we'll see.

Eating - My girl loves to eat.  Just not a lot.  She'll eat a ton of stuff, just small amounts of it.  Honestly, I think she would be totally fine if she lived off of ice, goldfish, gummies, cheese, and milk!  Baby loves her milk.




Did I mention she loves the water?  In any form!

So next month will be the BIG 24 month post.  2 years old.  I can't believe it.  And I can't imagine life without our sweet and sassy 2nd child!



Post a Comment