frolic

June 12, 2013

Summer Camp Success, I think

As I posted on Friday, my big kid went to camp over the weekend.  I was so excited for her. I knew she would have a great time! She is not old enough to go to camp for the whole week yet. That will come next summer.

She went to a camp called Warner Tully.  I went there as a kid and had a BLAST.  It's not far from where we live, only about 40 minutes, so I took off a little early Friday so the hubby and I could take her.

When we pulled in the front gate, she declared that she was NOT going to have ANY fun.  I'm not sure why but she said it.  And yeah, she ate those words.

After checking in and getting a t-shirt, we headed to her cabin.  She was in Cherokee with a cabin full of girls.  Some she knew, some she didn't.  I knew a few of them were going to be there because I wanted to make sure she would at least know someone!

We put the sheets on her bed and put down her bags and a pillow fight immediately broke out.  Her friend was already asking her to share a bunk with her.  She couldn't get us out the door fast enough.

This was the best I could get.  AS WE DROVE AWAY.

She looks 12 in this photo. :(

I could NOT wait til Sunday morning when I went to pick her up, bright and early.  I just KNEW she was going to go on and on and on about it.

As soon as I pulled up to the Mess Hall, they were eating pancakes.  She spotted me and immediately asked if she could spend 2 weeks at camp next year.



Mission complete.

Until we got in the car.  After we loaded up all her stuff, we went back inside to tell the counselors bye and thank you.  She did not want to do that.  I'm still not sure why but it was apparent the girl was T-I-R-E-D.  We'd had a long week with VBS, not feeling good, regular YMCA camp, and then Warner Tully.  My girl was exhausted.  She's like her Daddy and HAS to have at least 8-10 hours of sleep every night.

After riding in silence for a while, she finally opened up.  Once we made it to my parents to get dressed for church, she was telling them all about it.  I still haven't heard all the details like I thought I would and I might not ever, but I'm pretty sure she had a great time.  I know she will LOVE getting to go for an entire week next summer.  When she's 7.  She'll tell you that too.

If anybody has a girl 7 or older (or will be by next summer) let me know if you are interested.  I always want there to be someone there that she knows.


Post a Comment