frolic

June 3, 2013

Field Trip

I just realized that I never blogged about our first kindergarten field trip.  I'm glad I went but God Bless you kindergarten teachers and assistants.  50+ excited kindergartens makes you want to pull your hair out.  Especially at a place where they can easily be lost.

We went to the MS Children's Museum.  Totally a great place to go, just not with that many kindergarteners.  Granted, they have a great system of how to keep all the field trippers separated and not all end up in the same area at the same time.  It was only slightly chaotic.  Oh, and I'd lost my voice and was in charge of my kid plus 3 others.  Thank goodness the grandmother of one in my group showed up to help me. I couldn't yell or talk loud at all.  Fun times.  I think at one point, I just let them run and go crazy.  Man, I was stressing.  No fun for moms!

The only downside was that the kids only had about an hour to play.  Then, we all went to see a puppet show.  It was really really good and had a very good moral story, BUT it was an hour long.  And close to when our kids are used to eating lunch.  So by the end of that, they were all ready to eat their arms!

We left the museum and headed to the park next door.  It had rained the day before so it was a bit muddy but not too bad.  We all ate lunch and then let them play on the playground for a little while before loading up and heading back to the school. 

The kiddo and I stayed in Jackson to run some errands.

Overall, I think they all had a great time.  Just a bit of craziness for the chaperones. 






 These girls are crazy!

 
Cupid Shuffle





Post a Comment