frolic

May 8, 2013

Snorkeling in Cozumel

I will say that this was the best part of our time in Cozumel.  I've never snorkeled before.  Well, I've attempted when we went to Fort Walton Beach, Fl one year but was not very good at it. I had to fins so I was treading water the whole time. Not ideal.

Here are some of the pics.



Me right after we got in the water. 
Look how clear blue it is.

Virgin Mary underwater statue.  Underwater to protect it, they said.

Me and Stacey

Me and John

Gizmo, our guide, swimming down to show us the sting ray.


Me and Stacey

Me taking pics of John, I think.

A fish joined our party!



They were so close (or so it seemed) that you could reach out and touch them.  They were FAST.



Gizmo swam down and took a pic of us under the water. I'm in the middle.

Some fish and my backside


Getting ready for the clear kayak portion


 Me and my partner, Candi from Virginia.  This was right after she bopped me in the head with the paddle.  Luckily, they are rubber so it wasn't too bad.

 Gizmo giving instructions

 Apparently the best way to see things in a clear kayak is to be under a bridge/walkway.  It blocks the glare from the sun. And the cool fish hang out here.

Jesus Christ statue, similar to Rio de Janeiro.



As soon as we got done kayaking, we grabbed our stuff and caught the cab back to the square to do some shopping.

It was such a beautiful place that I wish I could have spent all day, or a few days, there.  The park was absolutely amazing.  

Here area few pics of the one person that did do the dolphin excursion.  Regretting that I didn't go with her.



Pure joy on that face.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing all these pics. I won't bore you with any more.  At least not for a bit...
Post a Comment