frolic

May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to you all.  I've been so busy lately that I can't stop to catch my breath.

The cruise was wonderful but it's thrown my off my game.  I'm exhausted every night by 10:30!  And the Hubby's been working a 'normal' schedule so that's fun and we are getting a ton accomplished (that's a whole other post, I dread him going back to regular shift work), but I'm behind on a ton of other things.

For Mother's Day, the Hubby gave me 3 hours on Friday night to do whatever I wanted.  I chose to have dinner with my dear BFF whom I miss terribly!  It was so nice to reconnect and visit with no interruptions.  After dinner, I ran by the store to pick up a few things for the weekend.  I actually came home a little early!  Oh well.  It sure was nice.

Then on Saturday, I cleaned my house.  I mean, CLEANED.  I didn't finish but I got a good start.  Why do I do this once a year total house cleaning?  I have bunco at my house Thursday!  That's the only time I seem to get it all cleaned at one time!  I tell them I need to have bunco every month at my house so I will keep it clean.

After cleaning all day, we headed out to mom in law's for dinner.  The kids love to ride the 4-wheelers out there.  It was such a nice day too!  Perfect weather!  Good food and good fellowship.

Sunday morning was church and then lunch at my brother and sis in law's house with my parents.  We played kick ball and went frog hunting.  Yet another perfect weather day.

I also got a few super sweet gifts from my oldest.  She was soooo proud of all her hard work.  

I didn't get a pic of the new dish towel she made me at church on Wednesdays. 

This was a book she made at school last week.




 I guess I'm the BEST mom, not the beat mom.  Then again???




She also took all of the notes I put in her lunch every day (they have a little saying on them and then I write a message and yes I keep them and reuse), and made me a sheet full of sentences.  Pretty sweet.

You know, my two kids will beat me into the ground.  They test me until sometimes I break.  They fight like sisters.  They steal from each other (toys anyway).  They utterly exhaust me.

I wouldn't change it for the world.  I complain about them all the time.  I know, bad mom right?  No. I'm real.  My life is not peaches and cream.  It's real stuff.  It's not always easy but it is...life.  

Being a mom has taught me soooo much.  It's taught me to be a better person.  To grow.  To love more that I could EVER imagine.  To truly put others before you.  To evolve.  To play more.  To delight more.  To discipline WAY more than I EVER dreamed I would have to.

And for all of these things, I am blessed and thankful.  
And for these two little people,

I'm so glad to say God chose me to be their Mom.

Even though, sometimes it gets old hearing "Mama" 800 times a day.  You KNOW what I mean!

Plus, I have a super Mom who I would not make it without.  She's always there anytime I need her.  Well, most of the time.  And y'all?  I call a lot.  I think she's only told me no a handful of times.

I will have to say that I have the best mother in law I've ever had. Ok, she's the only one I've ever had but she's pretty darn special.  I'm not sure how she's sane after having raised 3 WILD boys but I'd have to say, she did a pretty good job.

Wow, all that to say I'm super blessed and I know it.

Happy Mama's Day all!  (Or belated one anyway!)
Post a Comment