frolic

April 12, 2013

My new favorite!

I read about this recipe on Big Mama's blog and knew I HAD to try it. 
(She got the recipe from Sean's (the Bachelor) sister.  She has a blog but I'm not a fan because she makes her life look soooo cookie cutter perfect that it's annoying to me.  Sorry!)

I mean, God made cinnamon just for me. It's my love language.

I had all the ingredients at home the day I read her post and went to make it after kids went to bed. Lo and behold, this wife of almost 11 years does not own a BUNDT pan.  

So after a quick trip to get one, I made this cake full of deliciousness that also serves as breakfast for the kiddo who has testing all week at school.  She loves it too.  She is my child most of the time.

CAKE for breakfast!  And dessert.  And...




And yes, I realize it's on a Christmas platter (isn't it pretty though??).  That is apparently the only one I could find (fast enough) to place it on so I could tear into it as soon as possible.

Let me warn you.  If you are a cinnamon, or all around delicious freak, this one is dangerous. I don't have much will power but I've had to MAKE myself walk away from this one.  I was planning to bring it to work for everyone to try but I'm selfish and kept it at home.  I made it on a Monday night and as of this morning, it's gone.  And that's with just me and the oldest kid eating it!  BAD, I know.

So here is the recipe.  Don't say you weren't warned.

Cinnamon Bundt Cake

Shopping List

1 box of white cake mix
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup veggie oil
1 1/4 cups water
4 eggs

4 tablespoons cinnamon (divided)  
(I didn't divide mine, just spooned out what was necessary when time cause I'm lazy like that, you are welcome)
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups powdered sugar
3-4 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease (I use Pam) a 10 inch bundt pan

In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, puddings, oil, water, eggs, and 2 tablespoons cinnamon with electric mixer. Pour half of the batter into your prepared bundt pan.  In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons cinnamon.  Sprinkle (I poured instead of sprinkled so it left a nice brown gooey layer) brown sugar mixture over cake batter in pan.  Pour remaining cake batter on top of brown sugar mixture.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cake rest on counter in pan 10 minutes. (Note to self here: Let us cool on COUNTER, not on top of stove with hot oven below, takes longer to cool, thus increasing risk of sticking to pan). Then, invert cake onto serving plate to finish cooling.

In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk to form a glaze.  Add more powdered sugar if it's too runny and more milk if it's too thick.  Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. (I made too much of this but that's totally ok!) 

When you slice into this cake, there is that brown sugar and cinnamon center that will make your heart happy.  Forget popping open a can of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, you need to make this bundt cake instead.

ENJOY! IT'S SO WORTH IT!
I told my hubby one night that I wanted to eat the whole cake. He kindly (laughed) and asked if I wanted him to start the treadmill and just eat it on there!  I resisted the urge. It was not easy! 
Post a Comment