frolic

March 6, 2013

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

This is a post I should have done a month ago!  Oh well. Better late than never.

Big Sister's class went on their 1st field trip back in February.  One of our local high schools (yes, we have 2) was doing Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  She and her class went to one of the 1st performances and she had a GREAT time.  My sis in law and I were talking about going to see it later that weekend.  Well, someone overheard us and got pretty mad that we weren't taking her.

Needless to say, she went with us.  She and I went to McAlister's to eat since we don't go there often with a BUSY 1 year old.  She loves her some McAlisker's, as she calls it.

We had a little mini date night, just she and I.  My bro was on call and of course, got a call right before so my sis in law couldn't join us for dinner.   She got to the school about the same time we did so we walked in together.

Let me tell you, my girl was sooooooooo excited to see this play again.  One of our youth from our church was playing Augustus Gloop and it was his first time in a school play.  I told my talker that I didn't want to hear her asking a ton of questions or telling me what was about to happen.  I was so proud that she really did only talk when Augustus was on stage or during intermission.  She has grown up so much since we went to see the Wizard of Oz 2 years ago.

We really enjoyed the play and got to see some old friends.  Augustus did sooooo well, especially for his 1st time!  And Willy Wonka was phenomenal.   He really has a performing future!





 I eat MORE!
Aren't the Oompa Loompas cute???

We had a great time and were very entertained!

Now, my kid is slightly obsessed with all things Wonka.  We bought the movie (we already had the Johnny Depp one that is borderline crazy) and we've watched it about 10 times.  She knows all the words to the songs (mostly) and will randomly ask me things like, "Mama, when do you think Mike TV sleeps?  He's always watching TV?"  Curious minds want to know!

I'm so happy for memories like this!





Post a Comment