frolic

March 26, 2013

Color Me RAD!

Quite a few months ago, my friend Lisa asked if I wanted to run a 5K with her in Jackson.  I haven't run in a race in 2 years so I was skeptical.  Then she sent me the info.  I was hooked.  It seemed like a fun race and it benefited our favorite (and only in MS) Children's Hospital.

So I signed myself up and Bis Sister, knowing she would LOVE this.

The race is called Color Me Rad.  Click here to read more about it.  You start out wearing all white and after the race, you are full of color!

The best part?  It's all for fun. And the kids.  You don't have to run but you can.  You just have to keep moving.  

Basically what they do it 'bomb' you with color.  It's colored corn starch.  As soon as you get there, you are getting bombed.  They throw color on you at the beginning, middle and end of the race.  They had (I think) 4+ color stations along the route.  They also had a few stations with colored water that they would squirt you with. And that was COLD. 

I went with my kid and one of Lisa's twins.  The three of us ran probably half of it.  I was so proud of how well they did. 

If you are a competitive runner who likes your time to be taken at the end, this race is not for you. If you like to have fun and be RAD, this is the place for you.  I can't wait to do it again next year.  Thanks Lisa for asking me to participate with you and your girls.

 This is what the kiddo wanted to wear so she wouldn't get corn starch in her mouth or nose!  It was actually a hit!  We didn't use the snorkel but she wore the mask. People were asking to take her picture. She thought she was a celebrity.  

 This was us before the race. All nice and white.  They give you the sunglasses and tattoos in your race packet.


 This was at the starting line.  Yes, already bombed some.

We stopped along the way to take pics.  Not as many as Lisa did though.
 After the first color station. Yellow.


 Going through the green station where they were squirting the colored water.

The plume of pink smoke up ahead was the finish line.
Waiting on the rest of our crew to finish.

 The AFTER


 With the random Zebra we kept seeing.


The girls 'surprise' bombed Lisa when she got to the finish line.

 Mom had a meeting in Jackson so she brought Baby Sister to me.  All the girls were loving on her.  Which she in turn ATE UP.

After the race, we headed to the Mellow Mushroom to eat.  Yes, still colorful.  There were others there dressed the same.
 
Baby Sister was entertained by a ton of girls, Sam especially.

We had a great day full of laughter and memories.  One, I'm sure, we won't forget anytime soon.  

I can't wait to see more pics!
Post a Comment