frolic

February 27, 2013

Pillow Talk

No, it's not what you are thinking...

I had the sweetest conversation with my 6 year old last night.  That tells me she is really starting to 'get' it.

She woke up a few times the night before and came in my room telling me she had some bad dreams and was scared.  The first time, I took her back to her room and sat with her until she went back to sleep.  The 2nd time I was just tooooo tired and let her crawl in the bed with me.  

If you know me, you know that's big.  She's only slept in my bed a handful of times.  My bed is for me.  Not kids that kick and crawl and snore.  I don't apologize for it either.

So last night, she was worried she was going to have the same bad dreams again.  She wouldn't tell me what they were about because it scared her, whatever it was.

I laid down beside her fro a few songs until she told me it was ok to go away.  Not 10 minutes later she came back in the living room and told me she just couldn't close her eyes because she kept remembering the dreams.

So I went back in her room and laid down with her again.  We talked for a few minutes and she said the most beautiful words.  Almost.

"Mama, I prayed to God to help me but nothing's happened yet."

Music to my ears!  She did it all on her own!!!

Then we talked about how He always answers our prayers, just not sometimes the way we want it to be or in the time we want it to be.

This morning when she got up, I asked her if she had any dreams.  She told me she didn't dream at all.

Then she said, "He did listen Mama."

Be still my heart.

She may be my super challenging busy gal, but these moments make it worth everything!

She is the student of the week in her class this week and is soooo happy because it's ALLL about her.  I went to go eat lunch with her yesterday and read to her class.  She was so proud.

I'm pretty sure I'm the prouder one...

My prayer for her is that she will always have a child-like faith!

Post a Comment