frolic

January 4, 2013

2013

Happy New Year Y'all!  I know, I'm already behind!

2013 has gotten off to a rocky start at our house.  A little pneumonia and ear troubles and teething have been leading to some sleepless nights.  I won't lie, it's been ROUGH.  Especially when you have to go to work on about 3 hours of sleep. Yeah, I'm done by 2 pm.

My biggest problem with all this so far?  My once super easy baby is not herself.  I used to could give her a cup and put her in the bed and she would put herself to sleep.  Now she screams.  And I don't mean a little.  Most babies will scream for a few minutes but then get tired and fall asleep.  Not mine.  Screams til I come back in.  Then she wants out of the bed.  Like it's the worst place on earth.  I'm hoping (is that bad?) that it's just her ears and she doesn't like laying down.  She prefers my recliner to sleep in.  Which was fine when she was really puny but now I have to break her of that.  Yeah, my fault.

Then, almost every night, around 1 am, she wakes up.  Screams til I come in there.  One night she screamed for 3 hours straight.  Luckily my hubby was home too and he helped.  I was exhausted at that point.  He finally got her to sleep after rubbing on her belly and she let out some major gas.  Poor thing.  All this medicine does not agree with her tummy.

I keep telling myself (around 3:15 am today) that this is just another season of life.  Another phase.  Another thing she will grow out of.

But it's hard.  And no fun.  I want my sweet, giggling, happy, easy to put down at night baby back.

So, I have not made many resolutions for this year yet.  Why?  I don't really make them anyway.  I make small ones.  

For example:
1) Cleaning out my car.  Yeah, needs to happen.  Right Holly?  I can feed a 3rd world country with all those crumbs.  YUCK.  I might pay someone.  We have these guys that come to our office and wash and vacuum your car, out of their van, for $20.  Might call them. ha!

2)  Read more.  My Bible.  Fiction books.  Not self help.  I want fun reading.  I miss that.  I'm already over halfway done with one for this year.  Yeah, go me.

3)  Lose 10 more pounds.  I lost 10 in 2012 so surely I can do it again.  I've been maintaining for the past few months so I need to really get serious about it again.  I won't lie, it's hard on my lack of sleep.  But I'm committed and working on it.  Now, if I could just find the time to work out.  

4)  Enjoy it all.  The good and the bad.  I finally finished this wall in my living room.  I've thought about it for a long time but just now got around to doing it all.  And no, this isn't the finished product.  They aren't crooked and I added a few more 4x6 frames.


This is what the one at the top says.  My motto for 2013.


Ok, this post was pretty random.  It's been on my mind for a few days but I haven't had time to sit down and actually write it.

I hope your 2013 is the best ever!

Happy New Year Y'all!
Post a Comment