frolic

December 4, 2012

Tip Tuesday

Disclaimer:  I am no expert at anything, except NOT being at expert at anything. These tips are just something that have helped me, or someone else, or could help me, or you. That's my goal. I'm not all about the telling you what to do. So take them as you will.

The amount of whining at our house is at an all-time high around 7-8 pm each and every school night.  My kid could stand to go to bed at 7 each night but when we don't get home until 5:30 or later, that's kind of out of the question.  Well, I guess if we didn't do homework and supper we could.  Oh, and Friday nights?  You can't hang it up.  I think she's soooo exhausted from the week, that she is just plain grumpy.  Yeah, her father's child.

Her teacher says she's the 'tough' kid at school and that nothing bothers her.  Well, that's great, because OH MY WORD, she makes up for it at night.  It's like all of the sudden, a switch is flipped.  She becomes possessed.  Yet, as soon as she gets in the bed and the head hits the pillow, usually by song # 3 or 4 on her cd, she's OUT.

I love her.  With all my heart.  But man, it's trying at times.  And most of the time, it's when Daddy is at work.  Of course.  The story of my life. 

Does anybody have any tips for this?   

I've tried telling her that 6 year olds don't whine since she will be 6 in a month.  I've told her that 1st graders don't throw fits since she will be in 1st grade next year.

I'm not sure I can hang on that long.

Help, anybody?????????  
Post a Comment