frolic

December 30, 2012

Christmas #4

I know nobody cares about all these posts but I'm glad I can document it all.  This was the last of the Christmas celebrations.  Thankfully.  I love Christmas but my day 4 of it all, I am pretty much done.  I was glad for bedtime and some peace and quiet.

This was our family Christmas at home, after Santa came.  Since my husband likes to wait until the last minute, we were up working on putting together presents.  We thought we didn't' have to do much and we really didn't.  Until we started putting together this.

Yeah, seems easy right?  It is.  If you have all the parts.  We were missing an entire bag of parts!  No seat belt, no hub caps, no screws.  Good thing she's only 1 and won't know the difference.  And luckily, I had bought an easel thing with magnets and chalkboard that was going to be for both of them.  I'm hoping the company will send me the missing parts.  If not, I will be sending it all back and ordering another.  Baby Sister will get some of her Santa in a few weeks.

After that, and a little sleep, Big Sister woke up at 7 am.  I had just gotten out of the bed and was making some hot chocolate.  She hollered for me, knowing not to come out of her room yet.  As soon as I opened the door and said, "Merry Christmas," she was out the door.  No waiting on her sister to wake up.  Or Daddy. 

Needless to say, I have no pictures of all that.  I was thirsty and tired.  I wanted me drink and then I thought about my camera.  

Once everyone was awake, the kids tore through all the stuff.  I think the enjoyed it all...


 Singing Mickey, her favorite!



Um yeah.
 

"Helper"


Despite it all, we had one great Christmas.  It was crazy but not rushed, which was nice.  A few late nights for the 16 month old but she was a trooper, snotty nose and all.

We have been so blessed this year.  We are healthy (mostly), happy (happy happy happy), and loved.  We have a Heavenly Father who gave it all for us.  I'm thankful for His sacrifice. And that my kids are learning that.

 For unto us, a Savior is born.  Happy birthday Jesus!
Post a Comment