frolic

December 26, 2012

Christmas #1

Friday night was our first of many Christmas celebrations with family.  It was at my Mother-in-Law's house and all her kids, their spouses, and kids were there, minus 1, who had to work.  It's really hard scheduling around a shift worker, a Sheriff's Deputy, one that works out of town, and many other working family members.

We had a nice breakfast supper, which is something we started 2 years ago, after my MIL had just been released from the hospital. It was easy and quick and no one complained that they couldn't find anything to eat.  The kids love it and so do we.

My Mother-in-Law is the one that requests we all do a good deed each year, instead of getting them presents.  So before we let the kids open the presents from Meme and Pawpaw, we all read our good deeds.  Since it was bedtime for Baby Sister, she and I spent a good bit of them of the reading in the other room.  From what I could hear, they were all great!

 This was MeMe, reading Big Sister's good deed!



Josh, the entertainment as usual.  You kind of look like the statue of liberty here!!!!
 
 Then, it's on to presents! Meme and Pawpaw got each grandkid 2 presents.  Baby Sister got to open 1st since she's the youngest.  She got this great hot pink rocking chair.




But I think the box was the biggest hit, of course.


 
Big Sister's 1st present was one she had asked for over and over and over again.
Jake and the Neverland Pirate ship named Bucky.

 Note the adorable shirt they made at school with her hands and foot!

She played with Bucky non-stop on Saturday.  I even overheard her tell her sister this, "I love you baby sister, but I don't want you to play with my new toy."  Until she wanted to sit in sister's chair, then they could trade.  You know, on HER terms.

The next present for Baby Sister was a baby doll with her name monogrammed on it.  SOOO adorable!

AC got one too and the look on her face was PRICELESS like she was sooooooo excited.  Best moment of the night, I think!

Big Sister's 2nd presents was a set of walkie talkies!  Meme told me that was what she planned on getting the boys and I told her my DAUGHTER would like that too.  And she does.  We play 'Hot or Cold' when finding things around the house.  Or going to get the mail.  


As soon as presents were all opened, we made a quick exit because it was WAY past bedtime and my youngest was done.

We had a great time and are blessed to have everybody in one place at the same time!

Here are a few more pictures!


 Sleepy Daddy entertaining a sleepy kid.




Post a Comment