frolic

November 13, 2012

Tip Tuesday

Disclaimer:  I am no expert at anything, except NOT being at expert at anything. These tips are just something that have helped me, or someone else, or could help me, or you. That's my goal. I'm not all about the telling you what to do. So take them as you will.

 The girls and I were at a birthday party this weekend.  I was talking with a new mom.  She joked saying they were about to potty train their 4 month old because diapers were so expensive.

While I sympathize, I was pretty lucky to NOT have to buy a single diaper for Big Sister til she was about 6 months old and 9 months for Baby Sister.

THANKFUL for that.

Then I realized that since I'm a 2nd time mom, I might have a few tips to offer.  So this is what I told her.  

And I can't take credit for these.  Many, many other moms told me about this.  

Amazon has an offer called Amazon Mom.  You get 3 months free shipping (or they will extend your current membership if you are already a Prime member) plus you get some GREAT offers, especially on wipes.

When Baby Sister started getting close to the point of me actually having to buy diapers, I did some research.  I looked at prices on Huggies and Pampers (diapers and wipes) at Sam's and Amazon.  At the time, it was cheaper to order from Sam's.  Their generic wipes are pretty good and are cheap.

Over the course of the past 6 months, prices have changed.  The 2 places are pretty comparable.  We order a TON of stuff from Amazon so that is the better option for us.  

Amazon also offers a 'Subscribe and Save' program.  This is what has been most valuable to us.  I get diapers delivered to my house (or office) once a month for a cheap price.  Plus, you can change your subscription at any time.   

As my sister in law says, it frees precious space in your buggy when grocery shopping, in addition to saving you money. 

Hope this helps some MK!!  If not, let me know how that potty training works out! 
Post a Comment