frolic

November 30, 2012

Inspiring Story

I met my friend Alissa my freshman year at MSU.  We pledged the same sorority and were in the same pledge class.  Over the course of 4 years, our pledge class got weeded out.  Some left, some stayed.  She went away and worked on a co-op program and then came back.  At the end of our 4 years in the sorority, we were both still around.  She dated this sweet guy named JR all through college (and high school!) just like I dated the hubby.

I realized how much we had in common over the years.  They both grew up basically in the next little town from me yet we never met until we went to Starkville, 3 hours away.

She and JR both LOVE Mississippi State.  And the MSU Diamond Dawgs.  I've been to a few games with them.

They love each other, their families, the Bulldogs, and people!  They love the Lord and show it in their daily lives.

Since graduation, she and JR have been living in my hometown.  We used to see each other almost daily as our kids went to the same daycare.

3 years ago, they had a super sweet 100% all boy, we call the Plum!  I remember a time when she said something at a dinner night we had one time.  I think it was when she was still pregnant.  What she said made me think that one day, she and JR were going to do something amazing.

Pics borrowed from Alissa's blog
 And next month, they are.  
They will be adopting a sweet baby boy named Sam from China.

They leave on Dec. 19th and get back in January.  

That means no Christmas at home with the Plum.  That means being away from the Plum for 3 weeks.  That means LOTS of travel and lots of expense.

I wanted to share their sweet story because it's inspiring to me.  And I think it will be to you as well.


I'm going to ask for prayers for all 4 of them!  Alissa and JR are excited, yet nervous.  The unknown.  The separation from the Plum.  Although, the Plum will be just fine. He's staying with grandparents who will NO DOUBT spoil him!!

While they will be getting the best Christmas present ever, they still covet your prayers.  It's going to be a transitional time for all 4 of them.

Sam is getting an awesome family and no doubt a brother who will love and ADORE him and teach him all things BOY!

Alissa and JR, I'm so excited for you!  Thank you for being such an inspiration.  I will be praying for you all over the next few months.  I can't wait to meet Sam!
Post a Comment