frolic

October 9, 2012

Tip Tuesday

Disclaimer:  I am no expert at anything, except NOT being at expert at anything. These tips are just something that have helped me, or someone else, or could help me, or you. That's my goal. I'm not all about the telling you what to do. So take them as you will.

Does anybody have any good tips/ideas for school lunches?  We can't have anything with peanut butter or nuts so our options are slightly limited.  I let my kid eat the school lunch on days she picks (usually pizza or hamburger day) but the other days are a struggle.  A kid's got to get sick of Lunchables, right?

I surprised her last week and showed up to eat lunch with her.  While I was there, I was checking out what all the other kids brought.  I did not feel as bad. One mom sent a Subway sandwich.  Quite a few moms sent Lunchables.  A few had ham and cheese sandwiches.

 I have sent a hotdog cut up with a thing of ketchup.  I have sent a ham and cheese 'wrap' in a tortilla.  She's taken a jelly sandwich (NOT a big winner).

I'm thinking it's going to be a loooooonnnnnggggg 7 years at this school if my kid can't ever take PB&J and has to eat the same boring things every single day.  

So HELP!  

Suggestions welcome.
Post a Comment