I went to a PRAM (Public Relations Association of MS) meeting yesterday and our speaker was the state PRAM President.
She was fantastic! Here are some tips she gave that I think we can all apply in something in our lives!
Great interview questions:
- What would the last chapter of your autobiography say about you?
- What would your neighbors say about you?
- If you were anything besides what you do now, what occupation would you have?
How To Stand Out in a Crowd
- Be unique
- Be proactive and meet people: Know everybody! “Don’t stick with your clique."
- Always Smile
- Be friendly and approachable
- Have a good, firm handshake
- Exude confidence
- Know yourself: Try testing yourself by using Myers Briggs or Clifton’s Strength Finders
- Maintain a professional portfolio and update it every year
- Interview the company too!
- Examples of good questions to ask:
- Describe your ideal candidate
- Example of what not to ask
- Show you know the power of teamwork
- Research the company and the person conducting the interview
- Write thank you cards (to the right people); it shows you are truly interested
- Tailor your resume, cover letter and references to the job you are applying for