frolic

July 20, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

Imagine being at work one day, working on your projects.  Or you are at home at night, reading your paper.

When you get that phone call nobody ever wants to get.

Your spouse is unresponsive.  Your daughter had an emergency C section and she and the baby are not doing well.

In the blink of an eye, your world has been changed.

That's happened to 2 of my friends this week.  It reallllllly puts things into perspective.

I remember when my best friend went through this with her mother 3 short years ago.  I remember sitting at the hospital while the family went in to say their last goodbyes to their mother, wife, daughter, sister.  I remember the hurt, the pain, the broken looks on their faces.  I remember looking out the window and seeing everyone going about their day like normal.  I thought, "These people have no idea what is going on inside this room." 

I do not like this phase of life.  The hardest part of death or tragedy is what is left behind.  I know that when I did, I will be going with live with my Heavenly Father for eternity.  That excites me.  What bothers me the most about dying is what will be left behind.  My children. My husband.  My parents. My family.

That is hard to fathom.

I'm thankful I serve a mighty God that is the ultimate healer.  He shows me that every day.  This week has been rough for my friends, when last week was a remarkable one thanks to one big 5 pound miracle.

Next week can only get better.  Minus the day I have to watch my friend bury her husband who was entirely too young to meet his eternal reward.

But, we never really know when it will be our time, do we?  Nope, there's only 1 person that knows that.

We just have to live our lives in a way that's pleasing to Him.

And no, thankfully, nothing is wrong with me or my family.  Life has just been put into some serious perspective this week.

It's so hard to imagine that one minute you are working away and the next minute your life is changed forever.  The love of your live is gone.

In the blink of an eye.

Post a Comment