frolic

June 5, 2012

Tip Tuesday

While thinking last week about my tips, I decided I needed to start adding a disclaimer each week.  So here you go.

Disclaimer:  I am no expert at anything, except NOT being at expert at anything. These tips are just something that have helped me, or someone else, or could help me, or you. That's my goal. I'm not all about the telling you what to do. So take them as you will.

This weekend, our preacher started a sermon series on family and how important your church family is, as well as your biological family.

I believe that 100%.  If it weren't for my church family sometimes, I would not know what to do.  There have been times I've been frustrated and times I've been the happiest with them. I love them all, each and every one.

So here is today's tip. It comes from Proverbs 22, verse 6. I am sure you have heard it before. It never sank in to me until a few years ago.

Train up a child in the way they should go. And even when they are old, they will not depart from it.

If you have children, I beg of you, make church a priority for them.  I am so glad my parents did.  It's disappointing to see so many people headed to that dreaded place that starts with Wal and ends with Mart early on a Sunday.

I pray that my children always have a child-like faith and that they are strong in that faith, especially with my oldest starting kindergarten soon.


Post a Comment