frolic

May 4, 2012

Committment

According to my friend Merriam, the definition of commitment is as follows:
 
1. an act of committing to a charge or trust: as
(1) : a consignment to a penal or mental institution
(2) : an act of referring a matter to a legislative committee

2. a : an agreement or pledge to do something in the future; especially: 
an engagement to assume a financial obligation at a future date
b : something pledged
c : the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled

Disclaimer: This post is not directed at anyone, just my generalizations.

I always think I can fix the world's problems. Or someone I know can.  I realize that's not the case in most things.

But please, I beg of you to read the definition above and do what it says. If you know anything about me, you know I'm not about doing anything halfway. If you make a commitment, stick to it.  

It only hurts the people you committed to when you don't follow through.
Post a Comment