frolic

May 6, 2012

Blessings

For the past few months, I've really been stressing about a few things.  One day, I just decided to pray that God would open a door if it was His will.  I figured out it was time to stop stressing and just turn it all over the God.  I've struggled with this all my life. I think (ok, I know, ask the hubby) I am a control freak. I like to have my hands on certain things.  The older I get, the more I realize what life really is about and it's certainly NOT stress.

Over the course of 2 weeks, everything has worked out perfectly.  So perfectly that I'm still waiting for someone to pinch me. Or for someone to give me the bad news.  I'm not used to this.

So my prayers were answered.  Not always in the way I wanted, but it's all been good, that's for sure.

I have other friends struggling with family stuff, health issues, and other miscellaneous crap and I feel terrible for them. I offer my prayers but then I feel bad when something goes my way and not theirs.  So while I do enjoy the moment of feeling super blessed, in the same breath I am sad for my friends.

I am firm believer in the fact that if you live right, you will be blessed.  I can honestly (and thankfully) say that has always happened to me, it's just been way more evident the past few weeks.

Praise the Lord for the good times and the bad times.  This is by no means a storm for me, but I've been prayerful more than ever in the past 2 years. It's amazing what can happen when you get your life prioritized and in order and surround yourself with like-minded people.

So thank you for helping me along this journey. I feel like the journey to get myself back over the past 6 months or longer have been some of the most rewarding ones of my life.
Post a Comment