frolic

May 31, 2012

4K Graduation

I just realized that I never did a post on Big Sister's 4K graduation.  Whew.  It was way rougher on me than anybody else.

My baby is sooo grown. *SIGH*

She has been at the same daycare since she was 18 months old. We have loved almost every minute. She has learned sooooo much.  I know she is super ready for the next phase of her life - BIG SCHOOL.  Mama? Not so much ready.

They had a little program before the graduation ceremony where they sang some songs and counted and were 100% adorable.


What can I say? She's a performer!

Then we watched the younger classes with their cuteness.  Last was the graduation ceremony. They walk in like high school graduates.
Blurry but you get the picture
While they walk in, the daycare director tells everyone what they want to be when they grow up. The teacher has asked them all and they are not offered anything so they can say whatever it is they want!  Mine? Oh my word. 

The tears flowed. While her other friends wanted to be firemen and work at Target and be a dinosaur, my oldest child told everyone she wanted to be a missionary so she could tell others that God loves them.

BE STILL MY HEART.

Thank you to Aunt Holly, her awesome Wed. night teacher, Mrs. Joyce who taught her about the Bible, and all her wonderful teachers at school.

I cannot say thank you enough to all these people. I just hope she still has a heart for the Lord 10 years from now.

After I boohooed at that, the teacher gave each student an award and they got a medal. My kiddo?  Best girl reporter.  Ha. Meaning best tattle!  But she sure was proud of that medal.



 Then came time for diplomas. Yes, they gave a class full of 5 year olds diplomas.  Who was the first to use it as a weapon and fight with their neighbor? MINE. That missionary.

All in all, everything went well.  When they said, "We present the Cross Point 2012 graduates" I got all teary again.

My baby.  Graduated.  Moving on. 

She has already started a new chapter of her life.  She started summer camp at the YMCA and loves it, so far.  

She's ready for big school in August but I'm not.  I pray that she will not give in to peer pressure or be a bully.  I pray that she keeps her child-like faith for a long time.  I pray for strength for this mommy.

Man, nobody told me life was this tough with kiddos.  Such a rollercoaster of emotions.
Post a Comment