frolic

April 19, 2012

8 Months

Yesterday, my sweet angel turned 8 months old.  I say this every single month but I cannot believe it.

My laid-back baby has become my busy baby! She is constantly on the go!

We had another big month.  We've had a fun month. We've had a trying month.
We got our first ear infections. Yes, plural. She's on the same track as Big Sister and will probably get tubes this summer or so.  We had our 1st visit to the MEA clinic. Eh, it was just ok. We won't be frequenting that place. But it saved me an ER visit after a high fever. Just note that they charge an extra fee for anyone who checks in after 5 pm!

We can't take a single picture without Big Sister insisting she be in it!
Yep, we are standing!
 Now for the boring stuff:

Diaper - Size 3
We have still YET to buy a single diaper. I am sooooo grateful.  We will more than likely have to start buying some either this month or next. 

Weight -  Around 17-18 pounds.

Clothes - Mostly everything is 6-9 month size, more 9 months than 6-9 now.

Activities - She's now crawling. She still army crawls mostly (or swimming as Big Sister calls it) but she's FAST. There is no more putting her in one spot and her staying there for a while.  She's nosy and wants to be where we are all the time. Oh, and she went for the dog bowl already. Ick. I'm sweeping my floors 2 or 3 times a day now and it still doesn't get all the dog hair and crumbs!

We have a bottom tooth that just popped out over the last few days.  Hallelujah and Amen!

She has learned to clap and is so much fun to watch when she does it.  She can also give high fives, according to her Big Sister!

She's jabbering up a storm now! I mean, she's about as loud as her sister sometimes and if you knew Big Sister, this is not good. HA. We are one loud family.  Well, except Daddy. He's mute most of the time. Not by choice, we just don't let him get in a word!

There are so many other things I know I am missing. She got to meet some extended family over Easter and meet her 'cousin' Crosby!

Eating - She takes a 6 ounce bottle about 3 times a day. She takes an 8 ounce bottle with cereal in it at night. She eats mostly all stage 2 foods. She still does not like the ones with meat or any texture to it.  She loves carrots, squash, green beans, peas, mango, pears, and is now getting into some of the mixed fruits (apricots and apples, etc.) and a few different veggies like sweet corn casserole.   She loves the puffs and yogurt melts.  She has not mastered her sippy cup but we aren't pushing it.  She likes to chew on it and play with it. Hey, if it keeps her occupied while we eat? (This didn't change much from last month.  I seriously changed 1 sentence of it!)


Love my baby blues!

We are very very blessed.  I say this every month but it's so true.  We've only been to see our pediatrician for 3 non well baby visits.  Our girls are so happy and Big Sister has really been doing well lately.  She says yes ma'am and no sir almost without us prompting her now! She absolutely ADORES her baby sister.  She likes being able to 'watch her' aka 'babysit' while I go to the bathroom or fix a bottle. Don't worry, I'm not gone long. She adores her so much that she made me move her booster seat to the middle of the back seat just so she can be closer to her and make her laugh when she's upset. She can make Baby Sister happy when no one else can! It's too sweet.
Post a Comment