frolic

March 1, 2012

Happy March!

Well, another month has come and gone.  I am sad to report that I did not lose any weight this month.  I knew in my mind that once I got back to pre-pregnancy weight, the real hard work would start and I would falter slightly.  I gave in to too much Valentine's candy.  My will power has been all used up over the holidays, etc. that I didn't have any left.

The good news is that I didn't gain any weight either.  I've plateaued.  I knew it was only a matter of time. I don't have the want to run or work out or be creative anymore.  I'm slowly trying to get back to it though.

I only have 1000 excuses so I'll spare you the details of all those and just promise that I will do better this month.  I have to figure out a way to change my life.

On another note, Big Sister still had money left from her birthday and it was burning a HOLE in her pocket, or purse.  Every single day after I pick her up, she wants to know where we are going. She must hate going home!  The past week or so she's been asking me to buy her a toy. I told her I had no money.  She told me she had some, which she did.

Long story somewhat short, last night we made a super quick trip to the store in this town I despise with every fiber of my being.  You know, the one that starts with a W and ends in 'I hate this place.'  Yeah, we've all been there.

She came home with a Minnie Mouse phone and some other MM car or something.  On the way home from church last night, she HAD to have it opened and insisted that she play with it.  That thing is annoying.  She felt the need to tell me every conversation she was having with Nana, MeMe, Hayes, etc.  She told Hayes that the phone just kept calling her and no one was there.

I swear to you I almost stopped the car and started recording her.

This is what I have to look forward to in a few short years.  Legs crossed and her saying, "You have got to be kidding me."

Sigh.  I have a padded cell on reserve.

Then she said something I was happy and surprised by.

"Mama, I'm talking to God."

Me, "That's good. What is He saying?"

Her, "He is telling me to be good. Oh, but he text me that."

WHAT?

Then this morning she wanted to take a pic of her Baby Sister so everyone could see it on Facebook.

WHAT?

I think everyone must tell her they see her pictures on there.

Here's the pics she did take.
Yes, that's her finger on the left.

Redo

Still, hard to believe.  She's 5 and knows WAY more than she should.  Probably my fault somewhere in there.

Happy March y'all!
Post a Comment