frolic

March 19, 2012

7 Months

Yesterday, my sweet angel turned 7 months old.  I cannot believe it.

She is the sweetest baby I could ever ask for.  She's so laid back, yet so busy all the same.

We've had a BIG month.  Baby Sister has learned to sit up so she gets to take a bath with her giant Big Sister and they both love it.  She just splashes and splashes and plays the drums on the bucket.


Now for the boring stuff:

Diaper - Size 3

Weight -  No clue? 16-18 pounds if I had to guess.

Clothes - Mostly everything is 6-9 month size

Activities -She's a pretty active baby. Not crawling yet but seems to be pretty close.  BS was 6 months when she started crawling.  She rolls and rolls and rolls all over the place.  She can swivel on her belly to get to what she wants. She can grab things and everything immediately goes in her mouth. She slobbers on everything and chews on anything and everything. No teeth in sight though.

This month she learned to say "Mamamamama" and "Dadadadada" although she has no clue what it means.  I wasn't going to say anything when I heard Mama first, simply because I wasn't so sure because it was more like mamamamamamamama but Big Sister heard it and came running out of her room saying, "Did you hear that, she said Mama!"  I take great pride in this since Dada is usually first, as was the case with Big Sister.  Needless to say, Dadadada wasn't long after.

I'm sure some other things happened this month that I am forgetting. That happens a lot lately.

We learned to sit up this month too! I knew there was something else I was forgetting. It was a BIG month!

Oh, we got our first diaper rash this month.  It was a doozie!  Aren't you glad I share???

Eating - She takes a 6 ounce bottle about 3 times a day. She takes an 8 ounce bottle with cereal in it at night. She eats mostly all stage 2 foods. She still does not like the ones with meat or any texture to it.  She loves carrots, squash, green beans, peas, mango, pears, and is now getting into some of the mixed fruits (apricots and apples, etc.) and a few different veggies like sweet corn casserole.  I tried some organic brands this month simply due to the fact that there were more options.  She has yet to turn much of anything away.  She loves the puffs but eats them slowly.  She has not mastered her sippy cup but we aren't pushing it.  She likes to chew on it and play with it. Hey, if it keeps her occupied while we eat?

We are very very very blessed to have 2 beautiful and healthy girls.  Each and every day I see people with sick kids and I thank God that both of mine are healthy and happy.  We've been extremely lucky and I know it.  We could not ask for more.
Post a Comment