frolic

February 28, 2012

Tip Tuesday

For today's Tip, I'm sharing one of my FAVORITE crock pot recipes.  My friend Carrie sent it to me and we've altered it a bit.

By the way, she's pregnant with baby #3 and is having some issues so any prayers would be appreciated!

Enjoy!

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter (hers called for a stick of butter and it's not really necessary, just make sure you spray your pot or liners)
1 package dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  
Directions:
  1. Melt butter in microwave.
  2. Add water and packet of Italian dressing to butter and mix well.
  3. Place chicken in slow cooker.
  4. Pour butter mixture over chicken.
  5. Turn pieces over to coat both sides well.
  6. Cook on High for 3 hours.
  7. In separate bowl, mix cream of chicken soup and cream cheese together.
  8. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut into bite size pieces.
  9. Return chicken to slow cooker and add the cream cheese mixture.
  10. Whisk together to blend well.
  11. Cover and cook an additional 1/2 hour.
Serve over pasta or hot cooked rice.

I put all the ingredients in there and cooked it for 3 hours. I took the chicken out toward the end and shredded it and put it back in.
I usually cook this on a Sunday or on a weeknight so it's ready to eat the next night.  We like it with whole wheat egg noodles.  My 5 year old really likes this too and she's used to PB&J and Mac and Cheese.  

Post a Comment