frolic

February 16, 2012

6 Months

Baby girl will be 6 months old in a few days.  We've already been to the Dr. for our 6 month check up so I will share early!

I say this every month but it's still true.  These 2 girls still ADORE each other. Big Sister went with Daddy to the movies the other night and she asked me what Baby Sister was going to do. I told her she was going to hang out with me.  She then told me what to do to make her laugh since apparently BS is the only one who can do that!  Hilarious that girl is!

The sleeping at our house has gotten MUCH better this month.  I'm so thankful for that.  I got tired of her taking a little catnap around 7 or 7:30, then getting up to take her last bottle and then back to sleep between 8:30 and 9.  So now, I bathe her and feed her around 7:30 and she goes down at 8.  I was really afraid this would come back to bite me in the hiney and she would be up at 4 but she wasn't. The first day she was up about 30 minutes earlier than normal and then the next day, it was like she had been doing it for years.  I just hope it continues.

Now for the boring stuff:

Diaper - Size 2 until we run out of them. She wears size 3 at night.

Weight - 15 pounds, 15 ounces

Clothes - Mostly everything is 6 month size

Activities -She's a pretty active baby. Not crawling yet but seems to be pretty close.  BS was 6 months when she started crawling.  She rolls and rolls and rolls all over the place.  She can grab things and everything immediately goes in her mouth. She slobbers on everything and chews on anything and everything. No teeth in sight though. BS was 9 months before she got her first teeth and Dr. thinks her sister might follow suit.  She is also sitting up some, assisted.  She can tripod sit but she wobbles a bit from side to side when sitting normal.

Eating - She takes a 6 ounce bottle about 3 times a day. She takes an 8 ounce bottle with cereal in it at night. She has moved on to mostly stage 2 foods. She does not like the ones with meat or any texture to it.  She loves carrots, squash, green beans, peas, mango, pears, and is now getting into some of the mixed fruits (apricots and apples, etc.) and a few different veggies like sweet corn casserole.  There is really nothing she doesn't like so far. Her least favorite is peaches but she still eats them.  We tried a few puffs this month too and she enjoyed those. And don't worry, I was sitting right next to her in case she didn't handle them well.

Our Dr. says she is in the 75-90 percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for height. I think she is going to be tall like her sister.  She got 3 shots last week and did sooooo good with them. She really only cried for like 30 seconds. As soon as I was able to pick her up, she was fine.  I'm very thankful for that.

We are very very very blessed to have 2 beautiful and healthy girls.
Post a Comment