frolic

January 31, 2012

Victory!

Today is a good day!  The last day of the month.  Plus, we all slept last night.  Ah, sweet sleep.  I miss it.

This month, I have been trying to get better at not weighing myself every single day.  That only stresses me out.

So, for the month of January, I seemed to fall off the wagon a bit.  With birthdays and sleep deprivation, it was a lot harder for me to stay focused.

But, I'm happy to report that I lost another 3.5 pounds this month.  No one realizes the significance of this number but me.

I AM BACK TO MY PRE-PREGNANCY WEIGHT!  Granted that number is a not a very desirable one, but I knew I had to at least get back to it at some point in order to pass it.

So starting next month, it will all be true weight loss.  I can't wait!

This month I had to get a little more creative and throw in some workouts.  I know you can lose weight without doing any exercise but it helps when you throw in some cardio.  I was tired of listening to myself say I didn't have time.

So what did I do?

For starters, lifting a 15-16 pound baby is a good workout. I lift her like she's weights and she LOVES it.

I've also started to use my new crock pot my sis in law gave me for Christmas (thanks Holly!).  On Sundays, I cook something in it, knowing we can eat off that for a few days.  If for some reason that doesn't happen, we eat sandwiches on Monday night and I cook something in the crock pot for the next night.  It's a pretty good system.  I'm still trying out some new recipes.  Some are ok, some are not. Some are not real healthy, but it's better than frozen pizza. I can portion it out and only eat a certain amount.

Since the food (supper) is already cooked and all we have to do is heat it up, Big Sister and I can play Just Dance on the Wii.  Talk about cardio?  Whew. Workout.  They have an option to Just Sweat that tracks your progress.  So a few nights a week, we dance to 4 songs.  She picks 2 and I pick 2.  Baby Sister thinks we are the funniest thing ever.  And, we probably are! But it's burning calories.

I've also gotten better about going to the gym or the park to fun during my lunch break.  I also use my break to run errands so I have to spend my time wisely.

So, now I am going to start counting toward my final goal.

Starting Feb. 1, I have 38.5 pounds to lose. So far, I've lost 40+ but that includes a 7 pound, 7 ounce kid.


That's a tough hill to climb but I know I can do it.  Just encourage me when you can. I believe in putting it in writing and I know you all will hold me accountable!  And, call me out too! I may not like it but it's helpful.

Plus it helps when your hubby compliments your outfit and tells you that your looking good in your jeans.
Post a Comment