frolic

January 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to a certain 5 YEAR OLD!

Ok, I'm totally in denial that just 5 short years ago today, I gave birth to a sweet 6 pound, 11 ounce baby girl 3 weeks early.
Bless her heart.  She can be soooo sweet one second and soooo evil the next second. Drama. Ok, maybe evil isn't the right word. Um, unkind.

But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Happy 5th birthday to my sweet angel.
I love the way she covers her mouth with her hand when she giggles like it's a BIG OLE secret.

I love love love the way she ADORES her baby sister.  The feeling is mutual no doubt. At least for now.
 
 I love her sweet innocent spirit.  She's soooo inquisitive.  I love the things she says.  I hate I can't remember each one. I need a recorder permanently ON!

I love that she's shy in the beginning but will SHOW OUT after about 2 minutes. She's cautiously fearless.  Sometimes it scares me for what will come later in life.
I LOVE that she loves her God, her church, her people.  No one better mess with her sister or she will take you down. Not kidding.

I love that she tells me she will always be my baby, even when she's dead. Yep, direct quote practically.

I love the fact that she doesn't throw quite as many fits as she used to.  She's maturing and I can see it.  That said, if she doesn't get enough sleep, she's grumpy like her Daddy.

I love the fact that she's my little buddy and wants to go everywhere with me. She calls me her 'sweet little mama.' That is, until I tell her no and then she turns on me and says I won't let her do anything. OH THE DRAMA.

I love that she's (mostly) my good helper.  Since Daddy works such AWFUL hours, it's nice to have some extra hands, even though they can't do everything.  She takes (usually) great pride on helping.

I love that she loves her friends so much that they fight like sisters. Literally, fight. And proclaim about every other hour that they are no longer each other's best friend. Only to go back to normal in 5 seconds flat. I am sad she will be separated from said friends when kindergarten (OH MY WORD, did I just write that?) starts in August.  Never fear, there is always soccer.
The Three Amigos last soccer season - FIERCE
 Speaking of soccer, I was sure we were done when she informed me she was ready for the season to start.  I love that she doesn't have to score the most goals on her team and is a great cheerleader.  Great team builder she is!

So here we are 5 years after that wonderful day in 2007.  We've come a long way.  The hubby and I had NO idea how to take care of a baby and now we have 2!  I'm so glad she's taken on her big sister role with gusto!

Ok, I've gone on enough on what I love about her!

So happy birthday kiddo!  Daddy and Sissy and I love you BERRY MUCH!  Forever and ever and always!

Whew, will I be this emotional for every birthday?
Post a Comment