frolic

January 19, 2012

5 Months

Baby girl is turned 5 months old yesterday.


 Twins, separated by 5 years

I say this every month but it's still true.  These 2 girls still ADORE each other. My mom laughed after Big Sister's party this weekend when Baby Sister just looks at Sissy and laughs. I mean, cackles.  She's the one that can make everything better.  Except when I have a bottle in my hand! I hope they continue to be best friends for a long time.

We are seriously sleep deprived at our house right now.  The past few nights were exceptionally rough.  I got 3 hours of sleep one night and then we were up every hour the next night.  It's almost like she's a newborn again.  Except now I have to go to work 8 hours a day, with no nap.  I'm exhausted.  The combination of teething and rolling over are constantly waking her at night. She will NOT sleep on her back.  It's ok, the Dr. knows it.  Since she drools so much and chews on her hands, feet, etc. she now has some ulcers in her mouth.  All you can do is Tylenol every 4 hours and keep her hands clean and dry. Yeah right.

Any prayers for some sleep would be appreciated.  I know that sounds so not important but to me it is.  There are big problems in this world that deserve your prayers but I would covet just a couple.  And it's shutdown time for the hubby so he works 12 hour shifts for 2-3 weeks straight.  

Now for the even more boring stuff:

Diaper - Size 2 but will move up to 3 when we run out of this size.

Weight - 15 pounds, 4 ounces

Clothes - She can still stuff into a few 3-6 month clothes but mostly all she wears now are 6 month stuff.

Activities - She's sooooo busy already.  She kicks like she's running a marathon. She rolls and rolls and rolls and rolls.  She chews and gnaws and chews on fingers, toys, toys, my hair, and anything she can get her hands on.  She's also gotten really vocal lately.  She only does her high pitched squeal when she's hungry and you aren't paying attention to her.  As long as she's fed, changed, rested, and burped, she's usually pretty happy.  She does like to talk though. She carries on a conversation with us yet we have NO idea what she says. Sissy and I are coaching her to say Mama and Sissy first. Daddy swears she's said Dada already but there were no witnesses so it can't be true!

Eating - She takes a 6 ounce bottle every 3 hours or so, except at night. She takes an 8 ounce bottle with cereal in it at night.  After Christmas, we introduced solids.  She's eating stage 1 applesauce, bananas, pears, peaches, mango, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, squash and I think that's all we've tried so far.  She seems to like them all.  She really like the mango, surprisingly!  I bought some stage 2 the other day of mixed fruits, etc. so we'll see how she handles those pretty soon.

We also had our 1st sickness this past month.  A few days before Christmas, she started coughing.  Big Sister has had the croup quite a few times so I know what to listen for. When she started 'barking' one night, I immediately called the Dr's office since I didn't want to spend Christmas holidays with a sick baby.  We got a shot and our 1st antibiotic.  She felt puny for 1 day and then was much better, although it took the full 10 days of antibiotic to fully get over it all.

Ok, that's all for the boring stuff.  Looking forward to another great month.  Big Sister started crawling at 6 months so I'm wondering if that will be the case this time too!  We shall see.

PS - Happy birthday Carrie!  29 never looked better.  Hope you are well and resting!
Post a Comment