frolic

October 11, 2011

Running

Now that I've gone back to work I am trying to get into a routine that includes my running.  So far, I've only been successful at this one day.  I'm working on it.  I'm just super swamped and trying to catch up on all my work so some days I never even leave the building.

The last time I did go running, I had a few funny thoughts about the music I listen to when running.

Y'all know I'm a big fan of Christian music.  Third Day songs are perfect for running to.  But here a few samples of the songs that came across my iPod last week that gave me a little chuckle.

The very first song?
These Thousand Hills by Third Day.  Very fitting song for where I run.  Full of unrelenting hills. Great for training but none are fun.

Live Like We're Dying by Kris Allen.  Good beat and great message.  Ironic song that came on around mile 3 or 4.  I thought I was dying.

Sweet Serendipity by Lee Dewyze.  "And I'm doing just fine. I'm always landing on my feet. In the nic of time and by the skin of my teeth. I ain't gonna stress. Cause the worst ain't happened yet. Something's watching over me like sweet serendipity."

Make Your Move by Third Day.  "Won't ya make a move before I change my mind?"  HA.  I RARELY pass people when I'm running.  Unless they are walking, slowly.

Move by Mercy Me. It's got a very good beat.  "When life won't play along and right keeps going wrong.  And I can't seem to find my way... Gonna move. Move. Move.  Gonna move.  Everything is about to change. No matter what may come.  Gotta move to a different drum, no matter what life brings.  Gotta move, gotta move to a different beat."  Love it!

Don't Give Up Hope by Third Day.  "There's always something better waiting around the corner."  I sure hope so, I'm about to die before mile 1 is over.  These hills.

Wanted Dead or Alive by Daughtry.  'Nuff said.  Also, It's Not Over by Daughtry.  This run will never end.

Well, there's always Kelly Clarkson too.  My Life Would Suck Without You.  My life doesn't suck without running, but it sucks being fat so the running helps with that.

Maybe we should end with a little Journey?  Don't stop believing!

You are welcome.  I can hear you all singing it now.
JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL, LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD.
JUST A CITY BOY, BORN AND RAISED IN SOUTH DETROIT.
DON'T STOP BELIEVING.  HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING.

(MAK, that last bit was just for you! Don't stop believing.)
Post a Comment