frolic

September 19, 2011

It Finally Happened

I knew this day would come at some point after baby sister was born but I just wasn't sure when.  I should have known it would come when Daddy is working 3-11 and not here to help and give extra attention.

Big Sister had her first meltdown blaming baby sister.  I got the whole, "You are always taking care of baby sister, what about me?" comments last night.  Whew, that was tough.

Had a screaming, hungry baby in one room and a whining 4 year old in the other, all the while Daddy is at work.  Mama is tired and has an extra short fuse.

I would like to say I handled it well and I really think someone was just tired (not just me!).  Needless to say, it didn't take long for big sister to drift off to dreamland. 

She just needed a little extra TLC last night.

I'm glad that's over.  I am sure it won't be the last time either.  Honestly, I'm surprised it took an entire month to get here.

She also found these gigantic headphones in a cabinet and put them on saying that she was tired of hearing baby sister crying.  I assured her that she did the same thing.  Poor baby sister was gassy and fussy most of the afternoon yesterday so I understand.  I was ready for some peace and quiet too.

We all went to bed fairly early and everyone is much better today.

Oh, and I got tooted and burped on at the same time this morning.  The joys of motherhood.  Then I got spit up on by my baby that doesn't normally spit up.  I think the only thing left for today is to get pooped on.  Hey, it's only 10:00 am.  I am sure it will happen.

Whew, I need my spa day.  Only 1 more week til it's here!!!
Post a Comment