frolic

August 8, 2011

Baby Update

I just left the Dr.'s office and here's the scoop.

Baby is estimated to weigh 7 pounds and 2 ounces.  Who knows if it's accurate or not. We shall see.  And soon.

He checked me and said I was 2 centimeters dilated and pretty thinned out.  I am in a good position if we do deliver early.  My blood pressure was up slightly so he made me do a urine sample to see if there was any protein in there.  The test showed it at 30%, which is not bad but not good.  He sent me home with a prescription for a UTI and a bucket to do a 24 hour urine sample on Wednesday.  I am to report to Labor and Delivery bright and early on Thursday to turn in my sample and start my weekly NST.  If the lab work shows any signs on protein, he will induce.

He told me to come prepared and he would be prepared too.

YIKES.

I was really thinking it would be next week.  Guess I need to finish packing our bags, just in case.
Post a Comment