frolic

August 18, 2011

38 weeks

I never thought I would make it to this post.  I know, I know, you are supposed to be pregnant for 40 weeks.  This is still new territory for me since I had my first at 37 weeks.  I'm just impatient.  God is trying to teach me and it's hard for me to learn this lesson.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a leek.  What the heck?  There will be no picture of that because the picture makes her seem so small and I can look at my belly and KNOW different.


 Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 40 lbs.

Gender: It's still a GIRL!!  Her initials will be EAH. 

Movement: All the time, although she has no more room to move around in.

Sleep:  Sleep, what's that?   

What I miss: Winter.  Bending over.  My energy.  MY FEET.  I miss them dearly.

Cravings:  Nothing special this week. 

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT. Nothing new here.  I just can't believe how exhausted I am.  I guess since I get up every hour or 2 at night and rarely go back to sleep.  I don't think I've slept more than 3 hours straight in about 6 months.  I know sleep won't be coming anytime soon but I can see the LIGHT!

Best Moment this week: This week has definitely had it's ups and downs.  I've been sent home from the hospital 2 times, and possibly again today.  But the best moment?  Seeing my kiddo get soooo excited at the possibility of baby sister being here that it's like Christmas Eve at our house.  Can you say WILD?

I can say one super fun thing about all this is my decision not to tell her name until birth.  It's pretty fun.  We have a pool going at work on what her name is going to be and so far no one has picked it.  And it's killing some people that I won't tell them.  My kiddo wants to know so bad that she is begging me to tell her.  Man, if she knew, everyone would know.  Seriously.  I won't say it's been the easiest thing NOT telling people but it sure is fun.  People just CANNOT believe I won't tell.  They think I am crazy.  I don't care.  They probably already thought that anyway!

Now, if only she would make her debut so I can see her sweet face that we have prayed for for so long.

I'm headed to the hospital this morning to get checked again and to (as the good Dr. says) 'regroup.'  Who knows what he means?

Post a Comment