frolic

July 13, 2011

Word-filled Wednesday

Maybe I should just always call Wednesdays this since I hardly ever just post a picture with no words. 

HA, if you know me, you know I'm a gal of many words!

Here's an update on the latest with baby 2.

Yesterday (mostly) started out as a normal day.  I overslept due to the fact that I didn't get much sleep.  I got up 4 times during the night and couldn't sleep from about 3-4 am.  Fun times.

I took kiddo to school and headed to the hospital for my first non-stress test.  I waited a while to get checked in before I could head upstairs to Labor and Delivery. 

When I finally made it upstairs and got all their questions answered and hooked up, an hour and a half had passed.  At least they cut their AC way down for me.

So far this entire 32 weeks worth of pregnancy, my blood pressure has been mostly normal.  Well, not yesterday.  It decided to be on the high side.  All I did was sit in a bed and it was high?

After about 45 minutes of monitoring my BP every 15 minutes, the Dr. came in to check on me.  He asked me if I was mad about something since my pressures were up.  I had no idea they were up.  He decided to keep me a little longer for monitoring and ordered some lab work to make sure I wasn't showing signs of preeclampsia.  All my labs came back normal.

Oh yeah, did I mention that they were starving an 8 month pregnant lady?  Yeah, and no water either.  I am determined that is why my readings were high!

Plus, daytime TV is awful. 

Just when my nurse was ready to send me home after getting the ok from the Dr., she was checking me contraction pattern and noticed they were closer together than they were earlier in the day.  Lucky me!

She did let me eat some crackers and gave me 2 glasses of ice water.

After about 30 more minutes of monitoring, they decided to let me go home.  Or to work!  With 2 caveats. 
1)  I have to do a 24 hour urine sample (I know, way TMI), starting today, and
2)  I go back on Thursday for another non stress test.

He's promised he won't keep me for 6 hours like he did today.  I'm holding him to it!

He did say that he's being over cautious but he's also going on vacation next week and wants to make sure I'm ok. 

Have I mentioned how much I love my Dr.??  Except for that whole withholding food issue from yesterday...

So, there it is in somewhat of a nutshell.  I am fine.  Baby is fine.  She's super duper active.  All the nurses commented on that fact.  I have lots of Braxton Hicks.  Luckily, they are not regular.

Oh, and I think I might have had a bit of frost bite when I left.  That part was pretty awesome.

I promise to keep you all posted.  My Thursday post will be delayed until after I am done at the hospital.
Post a Comment