frolic

July 1, 2011

No Repercussions


I was having a conversation with someone the other day and we thought how nice would it be if we could say some things, even though we know it's not the nice thing to do, and them be without any repercussions. 

What is a repercussion you ask?
Repercussion
1.  An often indirect effect of an event or action.
2.  A reciprocal motion after impact.

Basically, if someone said something and you responded with the first thought that came into your head (which is never smart, but I'm usually guilty of) and it wasn't the right thing or the nice thing to say.  I've been working on this for years, believe it or not.

My, oh my, how fun would that be.  I guess we'd all be being honest but I am sure some feelings would get hurt.

I have so many of these thoughts running through my head but I just can't seem to say them or write them.

Most instances of this would occur on Facebook.  One must not post every single thought they have as their status.  I don't need to know (nor care) that you really wish you had a Dr. Pepper or a Diet Coke.  Or that you had pork chops and green beans for supper.

Just think before you post.  You never know how you are in turn driving friends away or hurting someone's feelings with those same posts.  There is a time and a place for everything and most of the time, Facebook isn't that place.

There is a nice delete friend or hide friend button too.  I seem to hit those on a daily basis.

Oh how I could go on and on...

Mama always says if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.
It's a work in progress for me.
Post a Comment