frolic

July 8, 2011

Cooking

I wish I liked to cook.  I don't.  Especially in the summer.  It's too hot.  My house gets the afternoon sun and if you use the stove or oven, my house gets hotter.  Plus, when I get home, I want to play with my kiddo or something more fun than sweating over a hot flame.  Or something like that.

I really should at least learn how to cook.  Ok, I can cook some things.  I can follow a recipe pretty good, as long as I know what all the ingredients are.  I just chose not to.

Why?

Have you met my hubby?  He thinks he's Iron Chef America or something.  Alton Brown is his hero and I can't stand the man.  Ok, that's harsh but I've met him and he's arrogant and rude. 

Back to the hubby.  He likes to critique and tell you how to make your meal better.  I like do it all in one casseroles and he has to have a 3 or 4 course meal.  I do cook more when he's on 3-11 just because he's not there to critique.  Terrible right?

My kiddo is 4.5 years of age and I've cooked real food for her not very often.  She likes Mac and Cheese and it's easy.  I do know I need to learn to cook better options for her.

I will make an attempt to do better after baby 2 comes.  That's a lofty goal.  It's just sooo much work.  You have to plan it out, shop for it, and actually cook it.  I'm tired after a long hard day at work and running around.  Plus, I'm just lazy.  Not as lazy as say, ahem, my hubby, but at least he LIKES to cook.  Most of the time.

Just don't ever ask him if he's making the sweet potatoes.  I don't recommend those, nor does anyone else in his family.  In fact, I think he's banned from sweet potatoes.  And that's a good thing.
Post a Comment