frolic

July 28, 2011

35 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby is about the size of a honeydew melon.

http://www.babycenter.com

 Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 37 something lbs.Well on my way to the 45 I gained with my first!

Gender: It's still a GIRL!!  She has a name now.  As long as I can convince the hubby to agree.  Even though I'm pretty set on this one.  I absolutely love it and he absolutely hates it, with no good reason.

Movement:  My child is constantly moving, for which I am glad. I don't think she ever sleeps.

Sleep:  Sleep, what's that?  I'm so tired.  Guess it's a sign of things to come!

What I miss: Normal things.  Normal clothes.  Winter.

Cravings:  Nothing special this week.  Ice cream?  Crunch and munch?

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT. I feel like I'm so out of shape that I can't breathe anymore.  Then I realize it's because there is a PERSON squishing my insides that results in shortness of breath sometimes.

Best Moment this week:  Watching my kiddo hold her new cousin and seemingly getting more excited about her baby sister.  She's going to do so well as a big sister.  
I went to the Dr. yesterday and he checked me and I am a half-centimeter dilated.  Not much progress but more than last week.  She's still a little high but only a little.  He said he doesn't see me going past 37-38 weeks, which is soon!  I go back to L and D tomorrow for this week's NST and then back to the clinic on Monday, followed by another NST the end of the week.  Whew, I can't keep up.  He says all looks good and baby is measuring fine. 

I'm so thankful this pregnancy has been so good, considering this is it for me.  I said all along that I would not get to the point of being 'over' pregnant.  Especially since it's my last and I do enjoy being pregnant.  But over the past 2 weeks, I've kind of gotten to that point.  I'm tired, hot, can't breath, my back hurts, I'm swollen and just all around uncomfortable.  Plus I know the end is near and can almost taste it.  Bless all you people that give birth after your due date.  I would make it but I would not be pleasant about it.

So, hopefully in 2-3 more weeks, sweet baby #2 will be here.
Post a Comment