frolic

July 7, 2011

32 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 32 Weeks
WOW!

Size of baby: Baby is about the size o fa large jicama.  It looks like a potato to me.  I had never even heard of a jicama until a few months ago, when planning the menu for a big work meeting we had in Orlando.
www.ivillage.com
 Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 33 lbs.

Gender: It's still a GIRL!!

Movement: I feel movement all the time, and for that I am grateful.  Not so much at midnight though.

Sleep:  I get up at least twice a night to go potty.  I actually got to sleep in on Monday (thanks Mom!) but woke up to an aching back.  It still hurts.

What I miss:  Bending over to pick things up.  I'm glad I have a 4 year old who loves being a helper!  I really would like to have my toenails painted but it's just too much work.  Anybody want to fund a spa day for me??

Cravings:  Nothing in particular.  Maybe watermelon?

Symptoms:  Tired and HOT.  I did have a friend tell me the other day that when people give me the 'Bless our heart' speech that I should just tell them God knew what He was doing, letting me be at home with a sweet infant when it's 110 outside and college football season.  I like that.

Best Moment this week: Seeing baby girl on the ultrasound.  That's always nice. And hearing that heartbeat.

Had a great Dr. appointment yesterday.  I had another ultrasound to make sure baby was growing and everything was on schedule.  She currently weighs (estimated) 4 pounds and 3 ounces. Her heart rate was 152, which is also good.  I got a few pics of her side face profile.  She was smushed up against my placenta.  She is head down and her feet are constantly kicking my ribs.  The ultrasound also showed she already has long legs (femurs).

My BP was up slightly over what it's been recently. Not bad at 140/80 but above 140 is the range of at risk for pre-eclampsia.  Since I am currently 32 weeks and since I delivered my first kiddo at 37 weeks, my Dr. wants me to start weekly non-stress tests in Labor and Delivery.  I guess I'll get to see all my L and D buddies more often.

I go back next week, instead of 2 weeks because my Dr. will be out the following week.  I'm supposed to go to L and D one day next week for my 1st non-stress test.  At least I'll maybe get a nap in.

I can't believe how fast this pregnancy is flying by.  I'm so thankful it's gone so well so far.

Now, if I would just pick a name...
Post a Comment