frolic

June 10, 2011

Lately

My hubby always tells me I am way too involved in too many activities.  When I used to work at my old job, I had to be involved.  But I've been at my current job for 4 years now and I was still involved in a lot of the stuff I was before.  The more he complained about it, the more I realized he was right. 

Wow, I don't say that often.

There was no reason to still be involved in some of that stuff.

So what did I do?

I cut it out.  Almost all of it.

There are still some associations I'm a member of but they meet at lunch.  Therefore, I'm not missing out on time with my family at night, weekends, etc.

Each month I have a calendar I fill out on the fridge so the hubby knows when we, or I, have something going on.

Let me tell you one thing.

When I filled it out for the month of June, it was liberating. 

There is hardly anything on it.  We have some birthday parties and a wedding, but no meetings or anything. 

Last night was the first night I actually realized how different (and exciting) my life at home is.  There was a meeting last night of a group I was involved with for 6 years of my life.  While I loved most every minute of it, it was a ton of work and did take a lot of time away from my family.

So while this meeting was going on, I was at home with my hubby and kiddo.  What was I doing?  Watching Wheel of Fortune and the Berenstain Bears while the kiddo and I took turns 'doing' each other's hair.  Such a small thing that I realized I have been missing.

So, the moral of the story is (yes, thanks to my hubby's persistent complaining) I have re-prioritized some things in my life and for that, I am thankful.

It sure was fun having about 50 bows and barrettes and clips and ponytail holders in my hair last night.  It's more fun to try and get them all out after we are done.
Post a Comment